2022 Call for Exhibition Proposals in the Main Gallery
Martha Street Studio exhibits a wide range of print-based work from traditional to contemporary, including work that pushes the limits of what is considered printmaking. Exhibition proposals by local, national, and international artists are accepted into consideration, and we encourage submissions by artists from underrepresented communities. Proposals are reviewed by a committee made up of Martha Street Studio staff, board, and community members. CARFAC exhibition fees are paid to the selected artists. We are currently programming for the year 2023/24.
Deadline: August 31, 2022 11:59pm CDT
MPA-MSS acknowledges the barriers within the artist-run sector and our organization that affect applicants from equity-seeking groups. We encourage applications from people historically underrepresented in our sector, more specifically, people who identify as gender diverse, Queer, 2-spirit, Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Official-Language Minority, and Persons with Disabilities.
To propose a solo or group exhibition, email your submission to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Gallery Submission’. Please refer to the Submission Requirements below. If you are unable to send your proposal by email you can mail it to:
c/o Martha Street Studio
11 Martha Street
R3B 1A2 Canada
Get in touch if you have any questions about submitting a proposal by calling our office at 204-779-6253, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following as a single PDF:
- 1. Project proposal – (max 1 page) Please indicate if you are open to a solo exhibition, group exhibition, or both
- 2. Artist statement – may include artist bio (max 1 page)
- 3. CV with contact information (max 3 pages)
- 4. Support material (see below)
- 5. Image list corresponding to support material including title, medium, dimensions, and date
- Up to 12 jpeg images (1024 pixels x 1024 pixels maximum size per image)
- Up to 5 minutes of video (sent by Vimeo, Youtube, or Google drive link, or on USB)
- Optional: Up to 2 items of extra support material such as proposed layout, essays, or reviews (max 5 pages for each written material)
In an effort to make the submission process more accessible, we also accept exhibition proposals in video format. Video applications are not to exceed 10 minutes and may be submitted as Vimeo, Youtube, or Google drive links. Video applications may be sent to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Gallery Submission’ or to the above mailing address on a USB.
Proposed exhibitions may occupy both the Main Gallery and Project Space as noted on the floorplan.