Annual Call for Exhibition Submissions in the Main Gallery
Martha Street Studio exhibits a wide range of print-based work from traditional to contemporary, including work that pushes the limits of what is considered printmaking. Exhibition proposals by local, national, and international artists are accepted into consideration, and we encourage submissions by artists from underrepresented communities. Proposals are reviewed by a committee made up of Martha Street Studio staff, board, and community members. CARFAC exhibition fees are paid to the selected artists. We are currently programming for the year 2021/22.
Annual Deadline: **extended to July 18, 11:59pm CDT**
To propose a solo or group exhibition, email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Gallery Submission’. Please refer to the Submission Requirements below. If you are unable to send your proposal by email you can mail it to:
c/o Martha Street Studio
11 Martha Street
R3B 1A2 Canada
Please include the following as a single PDF:
- Project proposal – please indicate if you are open to a solo exhibition, group exhibition, or both (max 1 page)
- Artist statement (may include artist bio) (max 1 page)
- CV with contact information (max 3 pages)
- Support material (see below)
- Image list corresponding to support material including title, medium, dimensions, and date
- Up to 12 jpeg images (1024 pixels x 1024 pixels maximum size per image)
- Up to 5 minutes of video (sent by Vimeo, Youtube, or Google drive link, or on USB)
- Optional: Up to 2 items of extra support material such as proposed layout, essays, or reviews (max 5 pages for each written material)
In an effort to make the submission process more accessible, we also accept exhibition proposals in video format. Video applications are not to exceed 10 minutes and may be submitted as Vimeo, Youtube, or Google drive links. Video applications may be sent to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Gallery Submission’ or to the above mailing address on USB.
Proposed exhibitions may occupy both the Main Gallery and Project Space as noted on the floorplan.